Thursday, September 13, 2012

San Jose Diaries



I have recently returned home after living in Hong Kong . I have often feel like,I am returning to a place of time warp. It feels as if I have never left, people are doing the same thing, working, making babies and paying house payments. This is a very different lifestyle for me. I am nomad nanny, trying to see as much of the world as I can.I often don't leave in city or country longer then a year. I could never work a office job from 9 to 5. The thought of buying a house and actually settling some where scares the shit out of me. I plans to have babies someday but definitely far from that. So the return to suburban life can be a bit of a shock to me.

 In a city with one million people to me it very much feels like a small town. If you head to the local Safeway  super market,your bound to run into someone for high school ( and I graduated  over 14 years ago). It feels very much like Suburban life, not that there is anything wrong with that. It just not a right fit for me.

San Jose was a great place to grow up. I come from a huge Mexican family.It was great growing up close to all my cousins, who all lived and still live in San Jose. The reason, I return home to San Jose is for my family and friends. I plan to write about my daily life as I transitions back to the states and spend the next couple of months in San Jose. Lets just hope,I don't die of boredom before than. Who knows, I may fall in love with then place all over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment